Coláiste Íde is situated on the grounds of an elegant Georgian home which was the former estate of Lord Ventry. It is surrounded by 104 acres of estate which includes 50 acres of woodland.
The college was established by the Department of Education as a preparatory school for girls in 1927 and run by the Sisters of Mercy. Since its inception as a preparatory school in 1927 the college has nurtured many hundreds of fluent Irish speaking teachers from throughout the country. Following the ending of the preparatory school scheme in 1961 the Sisters of Mercy continued to run Coláiste Íde as an all-girls second level boarding school educating students through the medium of Irish for state examinations. Coláiste Íde now operates under the auspices of Cairde Choláiste Íde Teoranta, a limited company with charitable status which was set up by parents, past-pupils and friends in 1996.
The latest news
Congratulations to Rang E who achieved excellent grades in their leaving certificate 2019 50% of